Information for Election Candidates
- To be eligible for nomination, an individual
must be a regular or life member in good standing continuously for one
year prior to nomination day (i.e. since September 21, 2016).
- Nominees for President, Vice
President, or Secretary-Treasurer may not serve in the position of
Personnel Manager or Contractor of musicians in the Localís
- No member may accept nomination for more than one
- Nominating petitions must be received by the Election
Committee by September 21, 2017.
- Candidates may submit up to 100 words for inclusion in the
newsletter. Please contact the Secretary-Treasurer to make arrangements.
- Upon request, the Local can provide you with mailing labels
(at the Localís cost of $.25/page) of voters; please make your requests
to the Secretary-Treasurer. If feasible, the Local will honor any
reasonable requests for targeted mailing lists.
or Employer funds may not be used to support your candidacy; this
includes use of facilities, equipment, or supplies and the use of union
or employer letterhead. Campaigning may not be done on time paid for by
the union or an employer or on property owned by the union or an
- You may inspect the list of voters once within 30 days
before election day; please contact the Secretary-Treasurer to make
are entitled to have observers present when the ballot envelopes are
prepared, labeled, and mailed; when ballots are transported to and from
the Post Office Box; and when ballots are counted. Observers are
entitled to observe but may not count or handle the ballots themselves.
Please contact the Election Committee Chair for dates, times, and
- Candidates will be listed on the ballots in alphabetical
order; if you wish to be listed with other than your legal name (i.e.
stage name or nickname) please contact the Election Committee Chair.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
- Please address any questions you may have to the Election
- Please report promptly any violations of election
procedures to the Election Committee Chair
Election Committee Chair:
Home Phone: 954-336-6426